Re: AOL blocking team.net?

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL blocking team.net?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:36:52 EDT
Very interesting, but where are you getting your information?  I have been on
several team.net lists for about 4 years and have not gotten a virus on my
computer from any source.  Team.net does not allow attachments, so if you get
e-mail from a team.net address WITH an attachment, DELETE IT!!  It is probably
virus using a spoofed address.  I have NEVER gotten one that way.

I have never heard of a virus that is capable of turning on the power to a
computer.  Where does it get the power to do that?  If you think it is
happening, plug your computer into a surge protector with a power switch and
flick it
off when you turn off the computer.  It sounds more like some unauthorized
person is using your computer without your knowledge.  Get a key-lock power
switch
and keep the key with you.

I hope you areen't serious about your post, but I DO believe you may be
getting hate e-mail from some people who have nothing better to do.  My advice
is
to ignore the nasty e-mails and try to figure out who is using your computer!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)