[off-topic] Wall construction question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [off-topic] Wall construction question
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:34:49 -0400 (EDT)
        This is pretty off-topic, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

        I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the closet in my house.  The
old walls were plaster&lathe.   Replacing the walls with sheet rock has
not been a problem, but the chimney that runs through the closet is a bigger
issue.

        In the old wall the grey cement like stuff (I've heard it called animent
(sp?)) that was applied to the lathe was also slathered on the cinder-block
chimney to smooth it out before a top coat of plaster could be applied.
Since alot of this grey cement came off the chimney while tearing down the
wall, I need to replace it to rebuild the wall around the chimney.

        The question is, what is this stuff and where do I get it?  I tried
explaining it to someone at Home Depot, but didn't have much luck.

        Thanks.

                Tim

Tim Hoerning  /  hoerni@cooper.edu
'91 Honda VFR 750, '84 Honda VT500 Ascot, '73 Honda CB350G Super Sport
'87 Chevy El Camino,  '90 Plymouth Laser