RE: AOL blocking team.net?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AOL blocking team.net?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:09:09 -0700
> I don't think anybody blamed AOL blocking team.net on a virus.
> The messages
> are being blocked by AOL because some AOL user complained about receiving
> unsolicited spam from team.net.  AOL (She who must be obeyed)
> figures that Mark is
> a spammer and should be eliminated.

I don't believe it would even take a complaint.  From what I've heard AOL
counts the number of similar emails from the same address and if it exceeds
some threshold, decides that address is a spammer.  Evidently there are
enough list subscribers on AOL for the Team.Net server to exceed that
threshold.

AOL is a jealous god, "Thou shalt have no other spammers before me".

Randall