Re: AOL blocking team.net?

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL blocking team.net?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:11:07 EDT
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

> Yes, my post was a tongue in cheek post.  Truly, I am aware that viruses
> and worms are not capable of reaching out of my computer screen and
> flipping on mechanical switches (rolling of the eyes).

- - - - - - - - -

I'm glad you were being sarcastic, but I know people who truly believe that
things like that can happen.  The newest computers we sell have a mechanical
switch on the power supply itself, but it is in the back of the computer.  The
power button on the front is controlled electronically, and you have to hold it
in for a few seconds to turn off the machine.  I doubt that it actually turns
everything off.  Maybe it IS possible!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget