RE: AOL blocking team.net?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AOL blocking team.net?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:33:25 -0700
> Regarding AOL blocking the autox.team.net mailings:  it may have something
> to do with the viruses that have been propogating recently, and they're
> using sender spoofing to make it look like they're coming from
> autox.team.net.
>
> At least once a day, I get a message, always from
> "npenney@mde.state.md.us",
> and usually with a header item that says "Sender:
> shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net".  The subject lines rotate among several
> random entries, and they're usually blank messages, but
> occasionally they've
> contained a virus.
>
> Anybody else getting these?

I've been getting these too, but the only ones that appear to come from
Team.Net have actually gone through the list server, which of course means
they no longer have an active virus attached.  Those binary crackers that
occasionally appear are harmless, although perhaps the geniuses at AOL don't
know the difference.

Seems odd that they so frequently appear to come from Nolan, almost makes me
wonder if his computer is the actual point of infection.

Randall