RE: Planning ahead- running power to the garage

To: jem@milleredp.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Planning ahead- running power to the garage
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:09:03 -0600
Check the cost of 3-phase. A Bridgeport just doesn't use enough power to make
this usually worth the expense. I only has a 2-3 HP motor and you can use
either a rotary or solid-state phase converter.

Now, if you were considering a large welding operation or a plating line, then
3-phase is wise!

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX (who uses both a rotary and sold-state phase converter)