Bathroom repairs

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bathroom repairs
From: Preston and Betti Ann Smith <prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:47:56 -0400
I am about to start work on my bathroom.

What is the best way to remove the old grout from between the tiles?

What is the best way to remove old silicone caulking from around the
tub?  Is there anything that dissolves silicone caulking or is scraping the
only way to do it?  Will cleaning the surfaces with alcohol before caulking
improve adhesion?

Thanks
Preston

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith, Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS,
prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca
1962 MGA 1600 MK II, 1980 MGB Limited Edition
2002 Damon Challenger 335 Motor Home on 2001 Ford V-10 20,500 lb chassis