Re: Bathroom repairs

To: prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bathroom repairs
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:58:00 EST
In a message dated 11/1/02 8:29:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca writes:

> So i am abound to head out to buy a grout removal bit fro
> my dremel tool - I assume such a beast exists.
>
> Do I have to remove all of the old grout or can I go to a certain
> unspecified depth (which is?)
>
> As you can tell, i have never done this before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, actually, I've never done this either!  I saw it in a Dremel ad!  I
don't know if there's a specific bit for grout, but any small cutter should
work.  Buy several, because you will probably need them all.  I would
probably try a ball-ended grinder, rather than the tiny little saw shaped
bit.  It would be easier to handle the tool.  (The Dremel tool, that is!)

See how easy it is to cut the grout, then cut as deep as you feel comfortable
doing.  You might ask someone in the tile section of a large building supply
store about how deep (thick) grout should be.  If it's too thin, it may not
adhere well enough.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget