Re: Acid cleaning

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Acid cleaning
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:49:32 -0800
Steve,

I have (in the past) been a member of the City of Calabasas
Environmental Standards Committee.  We've addressed
issues such as yours because of what's called "NPDES"
(National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) of which
a part is non-source point pollution (not pouring oil down a
drain or street rain water collector for instance). Right off
hand I would try calling your local health board and they
should be able to forward you to someone or dept. that
handles this type of waste and then give you some options.
Also you may try your local disposal company and they can
probably give you appropriate phone #s to call. It might not
end up being a big deal, keep your fingers crossed.
Good Luck.

Don Tiana
Topanga,CA.