RE: acid cleaning

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <Shop-Talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: acid cleaning
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:40:30 -0500
>I don't know what all winds up in the solution, but phosphoric acid is
>pretty benign from an environmental point of view.  For example, it's one of
>the ingredients in Coke !
>
>Randall

My point is, I don't know where you live, but I no longer even have access
to a landfill, much less one that would allow me to show up with a drum of
phosphoric acid and pour it into a ditch.  Disposal of stuff like that is a
serious problem.  Once a year or so, we have a hazardous waste cleanup day,
but I have to drive to some specified location in the county at a
designated time, and they will accept certain things in their original
containers only.  I would have no way...  I mean no legal, environmentally
sound way to dispose of depleted rusty phosphoric acid.

-Steve