Re: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:31:01 -0600
When installing my lift I bought some extra garage door track and raised
the height of the (opened) door. Instead of 24" from the ceiling the door
now hangs about 6" from it. I also moved the door opener another 4 feet
away from the door (they sell extension track and chain at Sears) so that
it is over the hood of the raised car instead of over the car's roof. This
bought me another 8" of clearance.

  Installation tip: don't let go of the raised door after removing the
support cables. It starts slowly but once it rolls onto the vertical
portion of the track it is unstoppable... CRASH! :{)

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com

///