Re: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 post lift for both storage and repair?
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 00:27:00 -0500
Larry,

   You didn't say how much space you had available or how big a vehicle
you'd like to lift, but something happened Friday at work that made me a
believer in the Bend Pak two post lift I use at work.  I had a Chevy
Suburban on the lift and was lowering it when the leveling cable (which had
been damaged earlier and should've been replaced) snapped and hit the
ceiling above the lift.  I got quite a shower of cable strands, but the
truck stopped only inches from where it'd been when the cable let go.
Without the cable to keep it level the lift got in a bind and stopped.  With
a few helpers to aid in keeping the rack level as the hydraulics lowered the
truck we had it safely back on the ground in no time.
   This lift and many more like it have been in use in our garage for
several years, with mine being the only one to ever have a problem.  The 4
adjustable arms let you lift just about anything. (Geo metro to extended cab
full size trucks)  Once a car is lowered onto the stops and not held by the
hydraulics you could leave it in the air forever.  I've never pulled another
customers car in under one up on the rack, but if it was my cars and my
garage I wouldn't hesitate to do it.  I can get you the manufacturers
address
if you're interested.

Chuck Rothfuss
 Pole Cat Hollow, NC