Staples for an older Spotnailer

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Staples for an older Spotnailer
From: "jilnmark" <jilnmark@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:19:13 -0500
Greetings all:
I recently acquired a pnuematic construction stapler (it was my dads, I have
had it for a few years but have just not needed it until now) Anyway, it
appers to be a regular crown stapler, about 7/16.  My problem is I can't
seem to find anyone who knows what staple would work in this.  Before I go
to the store and just start buying and trying I thought I would pick your
brains.  Its a Spotnail Model V 7416 F.  I have called a couple suppliers
and they don't show it in their reference materials (but I bet its about 15
years old).  I even called Spotnails - the lady in customer service was of
little help.  She thinks its a 14 gauge, 7/16 crown staple, but apparantly
the factory has forgotten they ever made this.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Mark