Re: Loc-Tite vs. Anti-Sieze

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Loc-Tite vs. Anti-Sieze
From: "John Hardy" <hardwire@webleicester.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:13:35 +0100
John Lye writes...............

> >Loctite is a wonderful product but it is semi permanent. There is NO
> >solvent.
>
> ...except heat. Lok-Tite breaks down with heat over 250 degrees (F)

Heat isn't a solvent. I do know about this, but there are many cases when
it is inappropriate to use heat. I am just going by my past experience and
that is for every 20 loctited studs one will stick and that will be the one
you can't apply heat to and you can't get at it.

In this as in all things assembly I try to remember what I was taught.
"Assemble with taking it apart 5 years hence, in mind"

 Blessings be upon you and yours

                      JH