Re: Re-Wire Welders

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re-Wire Welders
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 11:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, Apr 14, 1997, stuart@cobaltgroup.com wrote:
<snip>
>Get the gas, not only are welds perfectly clean, there is almost no
>smoke generated.  If you weld inside with the flux core wire the air can
>get pretty thick and possibly toxic.

But if you weld outside, it is almost impossible to get a weld going if there
is any breeze at all.  Although you can use both kinds of wire in a MIG
welder-just disconnect the gas cyl (I believe it is supposed to be different
tip polarity, though)

<snip>
>Have fun, and remember, never weld near the fuel tank or fuel
>lines! Drain and remove the tank if necessary and always keep a good
>quality fire extinguisher nearby.

I second that! And welding near seams can have all sorts of materials burn
off.