Re: [oletrucks] Still having TF power brake problems - any

To: Ryan Langford <rlangford@attbi.com>, trucks
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Still having TF power brake problems - any
From: "Gordon V. Wilhelm" <gvwilhelm@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:00:51 -0600
> > Test drove truck and it STILL pulls to the right during hard braking.
<<

I have a 1951 GMC 1/2 ton and I was having the same problem of pulling to
the right under hard braking.  It completely went away however after I
converted to disk brakes on the front.  I  used the booster from a Chev s-10
(1987 vintage?) and I continued to use the rear axle with drum brakes (from
a '60's GMC truck).

I feel a lot safer with the disk brakes on the front and the truck is much
more fun to drive.  This is quite an easy conversion and the kits don't cost
that much.  Before going to the IFS you might want to put some calipers on
the ends of that beam axle!

Gordon Wilhelm
1951 GMC 5 window 1/2 ton