Re: [oletrucks] Still having TF power brake problems - any

To: the_hams@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Still having TF power brake problems - any
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:20:22 EDT
    Carl,
 I have a similar brake kit that you have. I got mine from Zig's, as part of
the IFS kit I got from them. It included a proportioning valve with the kit.
I haven't got far enough along yet to install it, but reading the
instructions, (yes, I admit it, I do use the instruction sheets) it says to
put in a residual and a proportioning valve. Most all the vendors that sell
the power brake kits also have the valves. Because of the weight transfer of
the truck during stopping, most of your braking is done with your front
brakes. If you send the same pressure to all your brakes, the rear will lock
up, with all the weight on the front. Hope this helps some. Good luck.
                                                       Pat Hollister  58 step