Re: [oletrucks] neighborhood nazi's

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] neighborhood nazi's
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 08:55:41 -0600
Hi:

I fear the same thing may be happening to me sometime soon. My
neighborhood used to be a good old party kick back working class
neighborhood (good people) but now it;s been invaded by yuppies
($950,000 house being built 3 doors down!!) with multiple mercedes
and those clonish SUVs.

I do keep my non runners looking nice (jack stands if tires are flat
or washed and waxed) and my runners all have
registrations/inspections. But, I am sure someone will be
complaining anyway because "I am different" from the herd.
In preparation for this moment, I have compiled a list of other
neighborhood homes with non running or otherwise "junky" cars.
Luckily, one of these homes is right across from the town
hall/police station and it has a 64 cadillac that has been sitting
there for as long as I remember - rusty/dented/flat tires. In
essence, if they ever tell me to scrap my iron, I am going to tell
them I will when everybody else does including the old timer with
the 64cad who is probably one of the oldest residents in Bellaire!

But, it certainly behooves us to keep the "rougher" vehicles hidden
from easy view and keep whatever you can't hide appealing to the
casual glance.  I'm outta this clone neighborhood soon anyway!
(just waiting for that $950,000 house to raise my property value
high enough;)~~
Eric Pesci