Re: Misc. Questions after a Long Drive - More Data

To: "Glenn" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Misc. Questions after a Long Drive - More Data
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:21:45 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I use Bosch plugs (although W8BC or NGK BP5HS) in my factory V8 but those
pictures look very odd to me.  The gap looks huge, and I can't see any
centre electrode, it's as if it has burnt right away down to the tip of the
ceramic nose.  Colour looks about normal in the non-flash pic, far too white
in the flash pic which would normally mean very weak but as there is no
crusty build-up I'm assuming it has just 'whited out' with the flash.  They
look very long-nose i.e. a hot plug, which could explain both the white
centre ceramic and no tip i.e. they have burnt away.

Tail-pipes, if that is what you mean, are normally black these days with
unleaded.

PaulH.