Gear reduction starters.

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@comcast.net>
Subject: Gear reduction starters.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 07:22:23 -0700
Cc: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I don't know which gear reduction starter the Buick engine uses. However, I have a couple of gear reduction starters for a 350 Chevy. If that is the same one I would seel them both at resonale prices.

You may need a cooler plug and also check
your timing. Too much advance will make for a hot engine.
Also check the color of your plugs. You could be running too lean on your fuel mixture.

2. Surging. I seem to have a bit of "surging" at
partial throttle. It goes away when I accelerate. This is best noticed while at cruise speed. It just
seem as smooth as it should be. Should I consider
changing the needles in the carb?
This problem would indicate you are running lean on the fuel mixture.
--
	Best regards,
	Tom