Re: Re: Alternator for a TD?

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Alternator for a TD?
From: Gene Gillam <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 7:46:18 -0500
Bob,

You might want to contact Jerry Felper (felperg@earthlink.net) of British Auto
Electrics.  He sent this email to the T-ABC Group in Aug of 2000:
I am new to the group. I have a TC, Y, PA ,TD and have been repairing
electrical parts for over 15 years. A last year a customer sent me
instructions to convert Delco alternators to Tach-drive. I built one and
sold it. I then received orders for 4 more. I built six and have one
left. They fit into all T types and can put out 65 amps. No extra wires
are required.   The original TC generator put out only 19 amps and if any
lights are added or if the head lights are converted to high output
Halogen than there is not enough current to run at night. If anybody is
interested contact me.