xpaw question.

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: xpaw question.
From: "D.Roozemond" <danko@cti019.citg.tudelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:21:37 +0200
Hi,

I came across a xpaw engine for sale, As i am looking for an easy fix for
gettinmg my rest project TD (53) going is am tempted to go this way in stead of
restoring my original, but worn and probably cracked, block.

Any things to consider/flaws/etc.

Any help appreciated.

Here is the description:

XPAW engine, same as the XPAG but without an MG embossed into the casting,
rebuilt last year

it has had crank regrind (the crank is +20 the rebore) (the + probably a typo)
new shells, rebore and new pistons, (+40)
new water pump,
skimmed flywheel

unleaded peter burgess head with big valves,
george ednet uprated cam and followers,
all assembled and together painted mg red,

Last but not least : dip stick moved to correct side

I have no information on magnafluxing, crack testing and/or balancing.

it has the flywheel for an eight inch clutch so it is correct for my gearbox.

Any other items I should ask, possible problems to solve,
It is located in an other country, so longish drive for a quick peek.......

(any idea on what to pay for such an engine........)

Greetings Danko Roozemond

Please feel free to reply to Roozemond@gmx.net

The TD-FAQ can be found at: cci.ct.tudelft.nl/danko/mg-td.html

Midget MK-1 - 1963 the "have fun car"
TD - 1953 the "working on car", stripping in progress, bare chassis now

"Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be;
and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
That's logic."
                   -- Lewis Carroll