Re: Carb Plumbing

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:41:06 +1100
Bob

We had a fuel overflow on our J2, when my wife was in the narrowest part of
the driveway between the fence and the house.

Since MGs use electric pumps, the engine doesn't #need# to be running for
fuel to overflow when the float needle sticks. The first thing she knew was
flames coming out of the bonnet louvres: she leapt out, grabbed the
extinguisher from the garage wall and sprayed it through the louvres.

All the car suffered was burnt paint on the bonnet and a bit of blackening
on the carbs and rocker cover, but if J2s had drain pipes there probably
wouldn't have been a fire at all.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC