Carb Plumbing

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Plumbing
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 06:01:04 +0430
Hi,

My father's going to be putting the head back on my '52 TD this weekend,
(I'm out of town) and being the perfectionist he is he's decided to replace
my old, tarnished carb float bowl overflow tubes with shiny new ones.

On my TD as it was, the tubes pretty much ran straight down from the bowls,
and while I put the brass clip that is supposed to hold the tube(s) that is
on the bearer plate on I never got around to plumbing the lines properly as
I couldn't find a good picture of it in my books.

He's looked through his old books and TSO's and he can't find a decent
picture either.

Now, it's pretty obvious that the tube on the front carb should drop
directly down into the clip on the bearer plate, but what about the tube on
the back carb?

Does anyone on the list know of a decent picture of how the tubes are
plumbed that is out there, or can someone describe it for me?

For reference, the books I looked at were the owner's manual, tech manual
and Clausanger as well as TSO's from '98 on.  The one's my father looked
through is the Blower manual and his TSO's that run from '70 to '83.

Any help appreciated...

Scott Allen

52 TD
74 1/2 BGT