Re: Carb Plumbing

To: scottinarl@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:35:46 -0500
Scott,
  The overflow tube from the rear carb goes more-or-less vertically from
the top of bowl for six inches or so, then it turns forward and runs at a
slight slope forward. Then, when it meets the downward pointing tube from
the front carb, they are directed through that hole on the front mount
plate, turn sharply down, and are clipped under Moss #372-610,
illustration #69 on the External Engine page.  There is an illustration
of tubes being routed this way on page 86 of T-Series Restoration Guide,
Malcolm Green, in which a TC has the lines routed this way.  Below that
illustration is one of a TD with short-clipped overflow lines that would
put overflow straight onto the manifold were a heat shield not in place.
   People tell me that the tubes were hand-bent by the guy on the
production line who was installing them.  Others say no, that they were
carefully bent and precisely aligned. Perhaps both are right.  The tubes
on my car are in the first group.
Bob