Re: Carb Plumbing

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:14:31 -0800
If the tickler buttons in the float covers are still functional, a lot
of the gas will run out of the opening around them rather than out of
the overflow pipes.  I have never had the situation arrise where the
overflow pipes were put to use, so I don't know if the engine will
continue to run or not.  Even if all of the gas was routed to the
overflow pipe by closing off the holes for the tickler button, the ID of
the overflow pipe is so small that, with a needle valve stuck open and
the fuel pump running, most of the fuel would be forced into the
carburetor and intake manafold.

Dave