Re: Carb Plumbing

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:57:36 +0430
There was something in one of my club mags, (Cheasapeke Chapter MG-T
Register) a few months back about a guy that had a TF that would start
running poorly, (he initially thought it was timing) at the end of the
driving season, and after eliminating the usual suspects noticed when it did
it he'd have gas coming out of the overflow pipe on the rear carb.

After three years of this he turned to the club's tech guy who figured out
that the cause was a pin hole in the rear float.  The condition didn't exist
at the beginning of the driving season as the gas in it had evaporated, but
as the season progessed it would become gradually gas-logged and cause the
problem.

Any way, to the point the TF would sputter and stall.

-Scott