Re: PA engine color

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: PA engine color
From: Lawrie Alexander <britcars@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:44:34 -0800
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry,

As you say, here we go again! I must put in my 2 cents' worth, which is
that, in 1960, I owned a 1934 PA in original, undisturbed trim (it was
actually rather rusty and worn out but had obviously never had any real
work done to it). It had a green engine. A close friend had a 1934 PA as
well, only his was a "real" car, in that he paid 150 pounds for it at a
local dealer (I bought mine for 30 pounds and had to tow it home!) and it
ran and drove just like a real car should. It also had a green engine. I
have no idea of the mileage or vin numbers of these cars, but I have no
reason to believe that either of them had other than its original engine.
Certainly, mine was not a 1950's dealer rebuild.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center