Re: Petrol pipes

To: mgtom@bright.net, lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petrol pipes
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:05:05 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/29/01 07:01:02 Pacific Standard Time, mgtom@bright.net
writes:

<< The plating starts (I think) at the union near the firewall and goes up to
the main/res petrol switch on the firewall, and the jumper from the switch to
the pump was plated. BTW, the nuts were plated as well as the pipes.

 Now on the plating...  we (plater and me) feel strongly that it was flash
chrome directly on polished brass. No nickel, which is why it does not have
good adhesion. >>

This is what I have seen Tom......plating on the pipes from the union under
the car at the side rail up to the petrol reserve switch, including the nuts.
 Now you bring up an interesting point, were those pipes (from union to
reserve switch)  brass instead of copper like the lines from the tank to the
unions?
Terry
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol