Re: Petrol pipes

To: lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petrol pipes
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:51:36 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/28/01 17:47:15 Pacific Standard Time,
lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net writes:

<<  I
 would even say it wasn't nickel. It looks more like a terne plating to
 me. A very thin silvery finish, not bright, but looking like a tin/lead
 coating (which, of course, is what terne plating was). >>
Thanks Lew.......thats a new one one me "terne"......is that something like
they used on the ID plates......so thin you could almost rub it off!
So far, the majority of replies are that they were not plated.
Terry
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol