Re: Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:43:29 -0700
List,
Since I'm relatively new to this LSR.........
1/ Many dirt (& asphalt) trackers buy various tire softeners/chemicals for
extra traction which seems to work very well for them. You may recall some
big NASCAR stink of an accusation by Jack Rousch some time ago, but this
stuff really works. The stuff we sell is called "Hot Lap" and costs over
$100 per gallon.You can put it inside of tubeless tires or soak the outside
of either. Question is,. if it works so well on dirt, why not salt? Has
anybody on the List tried it? Does anybody want to?

2/ I've been told by a tire "expert" that tires (or tyres) run on salt
should have groves and if I were to run the NASCAR tires, I should cut
straight groves in the fronts and a "tractor" wedge in the rears. Those of
you that have used the Taladega tires, did you do that? And, since I've not
been to the Salts, doesn't everyone run a grouved or tread tire?

///