Re: Mayf's REAL website

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Mayf's REAL website
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:43:10 -0400
I will see if I can dig up the math for it, the stuff is buried somewhere here
LOL.. But start to just consider this logically as a first blush sort of thing.
If the effective compression ratio of an engine with 32 lbs of boost yes i race
some with more than that, was over 25/1 then what we we use to control the
ignition timing or even need an ignition system. It would turn into a diesel
compression ignition engine. i am unaware of any gasoline type fuel that will
not auto ignite with the energy added to it that is equal to raising the 32 psi
to over 370 psi.
Find me the gasoline that will not detonate at 25 to 1 CR and i will be a
believer! other wise the math needs to be buffed up a bit as it does not match
test data. Sure do hope this is a lively discussion and not an argument too!
Dave Dahlgren

DrMayf wrote:

> Yeah, well, you do it your way an I'llo it mine.. Why not post some math
> that shows it Dave. Just saying it ain't so, don't make it so.
>
> mayf

///