Re: Calibrating the Cube...

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calibrating the Cube...
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 14:11:13 -0500
> You can't accurately compare different cars, or even believe these
> numbers.  They are completely dependent on accurate settings of the
> roll and pitch angles (in degrees per g), and proper calibration of the
> cube.

Todd, remember those numbers and compare them to your next event.
Eventually you'll figure out a consistent range that each will hit. You can
use these to tell if you're having a bad day or not.  Obviously surface
conditions affect the G's too.  At my last event in Peru, IN I was getting
record decel numbers before the final turn and then I remembered that I was
on concrete and going slightly uphill. :)

Byron, reason I didn't get any south course runs recorded...low 9v
battery.   Doh!
--
Jeff "kicking myself" Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/wai.html = Wisconsin Autocrossers Inc