Re: Calibrating the Cube...

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calibrating the Cube...
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 11:58:44 -0600
>My understanding is that GEEZ usage is based on the numbers YOU generate as
>the high's under certain conditions and then makes sure you "keep" doing
>this. So, if you are consistently "slow", the software assumes you are
>staying at the limits and grades (on a curve) you "high" on usage.

I think that just about any journeyman autoxer can jerk the car to
generate a high lateral load, and stomp on the gas and brakes to
generate the long loads.  I also doubt that anyone is going to tank a
run just to get high GEEZ scores ;) The skill is keeping the car at the
limit for the entire run.

My stats from GEEZ were 1.26 G's lateral, 1.14 for braking and .83 for
acceleration. Those numbers don't sound too bad for a "soft stocker" CSP
E36 M3 ;)  I would be interested in hearing what the mod cars pull.

>You want a challenge, try a mod car where moving your hands and feet and
>brain waves fast enough to stay at the car's limits is a real challenge

Agreed.  I have always thought that the PAX should reflect this a bit
more for the average autoxer.  Obviously faster cars have a larger
performance envelope and are harder to keep on the limit.

Todd