Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:

To: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:
From: Gerardo Magana <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:34:00 -0700 (PDT)
Stan, You have once again totally misunderstood the
goals of what I emailed the list.  You were not there
when the incident happened. I was hoping that no more
list time was taken with this situation.  That is why
I specifically asked people to e-mail me directly or
the Police department.  I know that you and I have
that type of relationship where if I said a Datsun was
white you would disagree and say it was black.  In the
past you yourself in a conversation with me decided to
use profanity directed at me.  Tell me if I am wrong,
I did point out to you that I did not appreciate that
and told you to be proffessional. This is the same
thing I did with the Officer, which is an appropriate
thing to do when dealing with an "Adult". As a
Proffesional College educated Adult I expect a
proffesional interaction when a Public Servant deals
with me and Vice Versa when I deal with the public. I
know that you have been angry with me in the past and
I thought we had resolved the situation. Lets try to
get along, it would serve the Datsun Roadster list and
group better.  As with all people no one deserves to
be debased and spoken to in any offending manner.  I
offered you an apology back then when we had our
conversation, you were obviously mad. I will offer you
one again here on the list if it makes you happy.
Please do not make people devisive when it comes to
something that benefits us all.  The Police will win
if we do not confront them and this behaviour could
occur again. Fear is a tactic that was used by
communist, dictator countries. We are very fortunate
that we are protected by the Constitution of the
United States where we pursue Life Liberty and the
Pursuit of Happiness, remember that all Men and Women
are created equal.   As to being a "Self appointed
spokesperson" I can only say that I am exercising my
right as an American Citizen to protect my Civil
Rights, Something I feel is important.  Maybe things
are different for you but keeping quiet is the wrong
thing to do.  There will be no lawsuit for this
situation Stan, only a formal complaint.  The only
thing we need is an apology, thats all we need. Enough
said, please do not be angry with me Stan, lets try to
get along.  After all we are all in the same group and
our time could be better spent pursuing the
restoration and enjoyment of the Datsun's that we
have.
Thanks,
Gerardo
P.S. I didn't see any hippies there at Shasta, Might
have to look for them next year.