Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:

To: datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com,
Subject: Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:54:28 EDT
Hey Group -

As a Mayor of a Town and a Datsun roadster owner for a way long time (36
years), I've got to chime in, that you need to take this as potentially a
police
officer (possibly new) that had a bad day.

In general, it takes a lot of fortitude to be the preceived "bad guy", the
enforcer of the local laws and getting daily doses of the attitude that even
some in this group seem to stereo-typically spew.  We don't know what took
place,
and should not place an entire group of dedicated individuals in a bad light.
 These gals and guys are someones husbands and wives, friends and neighbors,
and they have stepped forward, just like our men and women in the armed
services to do a tough job.

Cut them some slack, smile, wave, educate them about our great auto
community.  If there is a problem child, then as suggested, make clear concise
notes
(but remember what you were doing too, to possibly aggrevated the situation),
inform the local Mayor, Police Chief and let them handle things.

Enjoy the ride, the community and have fun.  Sorry I am not there, but
business kept me tied up.

Gary Lasater
Parker CO
original founder of www.wycroc.org