Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:

To: twobeaners@earthlink.net, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com,
Subject: Re: Mt Shasta Police incident, Update:
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:40:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/2004 11:08:04 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
twobeaners@earthlink.net writes:

> I mean NO dis-respect to you, but
> when occassions arise to advise others on social behavior and I hear
> statements like:  "These gals and guys are someones husbands and wives,
> friends and neighbors" etc, etc. in reference to the offender, I become
> "alert". Aren't the offended "gals and guys someone's husbands and wives,
> friends and neighbors"? Are they not people too?

I see you try to justify stereo typical statements made by others and attack
my defense of the "office" of police officer, I find that too one-sided.  I
did not say that the offender is to be justified, I said, don't attack the
group.  Dialogue previously had wandered away from the one officer who seem to
have
perceived problems, but you and I weren't there and all sides were not
presented.  If he has an attitude, then it is up to those who employ him to see
if
he continues on the payroll.  If they are truly tourist friendly, then Mt.
Shasta has to be top to bottom, and the top needs to be aware of those who are
not
good ambassador's.

If it becomes a major issue for the Datsun group, I'd suggest the venue be
switch to another location that is more open-arm, welcoming to the group (and
the money brought to the community).  This is where you hit the Mayor and
Chamber of Commerce, is in the wallet and get this addressed right now, with,
if
appropriate, a personal apology by the officer in question.  We in our Town
have
fired officer's who do not meet our vision, or mission for our residents and
visitors.  CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE AT THE DOOR (and that goes especially for Town
employees).

Gary Lasater
Parker CO
original founder of www.wycroc.org