Re: Semi-Stripping it down...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Semi-Stripping it down...
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:18:43 +0000
Strip It!  The car is yours to do what you want.  Who
are you saving it for?  There is no reason to keep a car
in original condition unless you plan to show it or re-
sell it.  What matters are your priorities.  Do you
enjoy having a restored original car more than you would
enjoy road racing?  I know the car is pretty and in
close to stock condition, but haven't you already
modified it a bit?  If you are worried about scratching
it then I suggest buying a 1600 body and using it on
your frame.  The ID tag on the cowling is easily swapped
over.  Nobody would ever know that you were using an
alternate body and if they did they probably wouldn't
care.  The car is titled by the frame not the body.

Andy

P.S.  A reciprocating saw does an amazing job of opening
up those fender skirts for tire clearance.