RE: Semi-Stripping it down...

To: MSeal@datatec.com, andycost@att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Semi-Stripping it down...
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:05:14 -0400
Let me preface this by saying that I am somewhat of a purist, but I also
believe in having fun with sports cars.  My take on this is if someone wants
to race, great!  BUT, why take out a good example when there are plenty of
racecar candidates out there.  There are plenty of candidates to modify
which will serve the same purpose while preserving the good original cars.
I would think that the suggestion of using a 1600 donor body has merit, but
then the issue of storing a complete stock body will arise.  Probably the
best idea would be to build a purpose built racer, and keep the other car
stock (or nearly so).  I know of a few 67 2000s that could be had that could
become race cars.  They are far enough gone that restoration is not feasible
(yes, I said that), but enough of them is there that they can be made into a
racer.

Just my opinion.  Flame away!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500