FW: Semi-Stripping it down...

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: FW: Semi-Stripping it down...
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:34:35 -0700
Mike,

I've got to add my two cents here. I am sorry that I've done done that
racing upgrades to my car. It's lost some of it's charm and driving
pleasure. If I could do it over again, I'd have bought a 1600, that wasn't
cosmetically good, and raced it out, leaving my 2000 alone. I don't consider
a 2000 to be better than a 1600, It's just that mine was so very stock. And
too pretty to bang up. One day, I intend to do just that, I've kept my stock
springs and ratios I can return my 2000 to a street cruiser and race the
F*** out of a 1600. I don't have any allusions that a 1600 is any less of a
sports car than a 2000. It's a stellar sports car. It can be tuned into a
fire breathing monster. Parts are way less costly!! Gear ratios are fine.
Race parts are still manufactured by Malvern Racing.  If you start with that
"not so perfect" car it wont break your heart to hit the tires, And if you
race it, you will hit those tires!