Semi-Stripping it down...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Semi-Stripping it down...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:20:44 EDT
Hello,

I have been seriously thinking about what I really want to do with my 2000
and after alot of consideration I have "sorta" decided that I am going to
strip it down to make it a vintage racer.  First things first is to remove
the windshield.  I was wondering if anyone has a decent windshied frame for
sale.  I also nee the side vent windows.  I want to cut it down and replace
it with plexiglass or whatever is recommended.  I rather not drill into the
car to install a low plastic race shield.  I am also planning to remove the
drivers seat for a race seat if allowed by my vintage club.  Of course I also
have some color scheme ideas in the works.

I have been torn between keeping the car 98% original or setting it up to
race.  My original intention for have a Datsun was to set it up to vintage
race.  Then this 67.5 come along and I feel back tearing it down.  Mostly
trying to please others I guess.  So with a sudden turn of events I have
decided to go with what I have dreamed of and strip it down somewhat and race
it.  But for right no I want to do the windshield modification.  Anyone with
ideas?

Ciao!!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html