Re: Datsun Roadster Electronic Distributor on Ebay

To: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Subject: Re: Datsun Roadster Electronic Distributor on Ebay
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 12:21:35 -0500
Bob,

It will help with starting, improve your gas mileage, make your
roadster run much better, and improve your sex life.

OK, I embellished a little too much. ;-)

I've made the same distributor, and installed them, on various
roadsters over the years. Alas like the shoe makers children,
my own roadsters kept original distributors.

If you points are adjusted just right, and everything is in
top shape, you should NOT notice any difference when you go
to the "electronic distributor".  In reality, on cold damp
OREGON Mornings my old roadster was a pain to get started, with
the electronic ignition it would fire up. Never noticed much of
a difference on the gas mileage.

My main reason for putting them in was just to "fire up" on
that first crank over.

Looks like Gary has a neat product, and took the time to clean
up the distributor housing. Not a bad deal at all.

Cheers,

Tom Walter