Threaded holes in body

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Threaded holes in body
From: "Erik A Smeby" <smamy@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:09:37 -0500
Ok, so I chipped and scraped all the stuff off my floorboards and I found
many taped over holes that were threaded and I am curious what they were
for,   4 each side behind seats on floor,  4 more behind the each seat in
the raised area( what would one call it?)  Factory roll bar?  I have 8
threaded holes on the front of the trunk wall, visible from the trunk??   I
have 2 sets of holes for mounting the seats-forward and back, about 2"
apart,  could this be a factory thing for American tall folk?  There are
about 4 more holes that were taped over underneath the factory coating.
I also found a spot to mount some 6x9 speakers. Forward of the wheel wells,
behind the seats, one of the PO's cut out between 2 of the  3 holes on each
side, then hammered away at the sharp jagged edges that were left. (Hmmm,
that parts car is looking cleaner all the time).
I had some adhesive remover for flooring glue that seemed to get the
remnants of the coating pretty well, also ate through my gloves, and did a
number on my sinuses.  If anybody is interested, I could find the brand.  I
also found a brand new heater core from my local dealership at $117.  Seemed
like a good deal.  Rebuilding mine was estimated at $150.
This weekend I may actually start tightening some things on my car instead
of loosening and removing everything.