Re: Threaded holes in body

To: Erik A Smeby <smamy@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Threaded holes in body
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 06:47:02 -0600

Erik A Smeby wrote:

> I had some adhesive remover for flooring glue that seemed to get the
> remnants of the coating pretty well, also ate through my gloves, and did a
> number on my sinuses.

I'd be tempted to try straight diesel fuel on that job.  It's the main
ingredient in some spray on engine cleaners.  Much cheaper to buy a gallon at
your local gas station.  It works slowly, but it's very persistent.  Spill a
gallon on your asphalt driveway and you'd better clean it up if you don't want
that spot dissolved.

It doesn't have the flammability dangers of gasoline, although I'm sure our
stump exploding friend in Australia could make it go boom!  <grin>

WARNING!  I didn't say it was completely safe, only that it's not as dangerous
as gasoline.

--
Mark van der Hoek
Salt Lake City