Re: Healys and Datsuns

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healys and Datsuns
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:25:27 -0700
depends on  which Healy he has , if it is a 3000  or a jensin it will out
perform your 66 1600 which has a top end of 105 mph .. Now nothing from
healy will touch a good running solex roadster......except for a jensin 440
which has a crystler 440 V8 in it untill you reach the first turn..  Not
much that is a stock set up will l out perform  a good 2000 solex if you
have the tires and suspention , the ones that can out handle the roadster ,
don't have the power and the ones with the power can't out corner the
roadster..
    Healys , have a following and a lot think they are fast cars, but in
fact they are tanks the motor is a tractor engine , a  very heavy car that
is not that fast or handles that well , it will out accelerate a 1600 but
on a curvey road the 1600  will go faster....

Restoration Products
3730 todrob Ln.
Placerville, CA 95667
Ph# 530-644-6777