Re: Bearing Press.

To: slick@mohaveaz.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bearing Press.
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:08:59 EST
I don't know that just freezing the axle will make it cold enough to shrink
it so the bearing will just slide over it. We use liquid nitrogen at work to
freeze shafts (gets very cold) and we heat the bearings to about 285 degrees
in an oven. Even with an interference fit, the bearings do slide, but you
have to be sure you do it quickly. It's a b**** when they stick half way on!!
Also, heating a bearing with grease in it gets to be real messy!!

Roadster content: Plans are underway for major work this winter. Went out for
the last drive of the year Saturday. Time to prepare for CSP autoxing in
spring.
Thanks to all for tips on all my questions. I will be in contact for parts,
tech info etc.

Kim
68 2000