(no subject)

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: (no subject)
From: "Les/Dennis @CDM" <lescan@nctimes.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:33:31 -0800
Hi all
I was reading about the main bearing cap removal dilema and told a few
of you my trick so here it is for all to see. It is probably an old
trick but I thought it was cool and simple and hey I am easily amused
these days. Go buy a cheap Slide hammer(the kind for body work) and weld
a correct size stud to the end that fits into the bearing cap(there is
probably more than one way to do this and you may be able to modify the
tool for this purpose and still use it for others but I build enough
engines that mine is purpose built for just this)be especially sure you
screw the stud far enough into the cap as to not pull out the first few
threads. Then you can gently hammer the cap out without any damage to
the gasket surfaces etc.FWIW!
LES
--
Les Cannaday