Slide hammer related... ;>)

To: lescan@nctimes.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Slide hammer related... ;>)
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:44:03 EST
In a message dated 18-11-99 10:48:09 PM EST, lescan@nctimes.net writes:

<< I was reading about the main bearing cap removal dilema and told a few
 of you my trick so here it is for all to see. It is probably an old
 trick but I thought it was cool and simple and hey I am easily amused
 these days. Go buy a cheap Slide hammer(the kind for body work) and weld
 a correct size stud to the ..... >>

With all of this talk about dropping rear-ends and pulling main caps and such
I thought I would add a tip that probably many are aware of but just as many
are not.

I was having difficulties pulling out my rear axel today.  Although the brake
were loosened I was still having trouble removing it so I put the brake drum
on backwards and attached the bolts with a few turns.  I then gave the drum a
quick pull and it popped out the axel in one try.  My make-shift brake drum
slide hammer.  Thats all for my tip.  Hope that someone can use it one day.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex