Re: Bearing Press.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Bearing Press.
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:20:06 -0700
I had heard of old time machinists that used to machine tolerances so close
that the piece that was the male was chilled to shrink it, so it would fit
into the female part.  I wonder if that would work on rear axles.  Freezing
the axles, then the bearing could easily be slipped onto the axle, without
destroying the axle over time.