1600 exhaust rattle

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 exhaust rattle
From: Bruce Dalrymple <bdalrymple@nctimes.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:59:01 -0500
I have a header on my 66' 1600 and my exhaust pipes rattle against my
frame when I am idling.  The last time I stopped by CDM Dennis showed me
a flexible coupling that the were going to put on some new headers to
stop the rattle.  Has anyone tried this yet? I was thinking of having
one put in.  What kind of mufflers / tips are good.  Right now I have a
stock looking system but I think the baffles are gone inside the muffler
because it's really loud.  I know loud pipes are every kids dream but I
want to make it a little bit quieter.  I was thinking glass pack with
some sort of tip? I want it to sound good but not wake the neighbors
every weekday at 5:30 am.  Any suggestions?

Bruce Dalrymple
66' 1600 SPL-00215